Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, request samples, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Use Collected Information
BCFoods may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: We may use information provided by users to help us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site features: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send Users information and updates pertaining to their orders. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions and/or other requests.
If BCFoods sells or buys any business or assets, BCFoods may disclose personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, and personal data may be among the assets transferred. Any acquirer of such assets may continue to use your personal data as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal i in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; or if BCFoods reasonably believes it is necessary to protect BCFoods, its customers or the public. BCFoods may be required to provide personal information in response to a lawful request from governmental authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
You have choices about how to manage your personal data and what types of communications you receive from us. If you contact us, we will endeavor to respond to your inquiry within 30 days. Please note that we may have a legal obligation to preserve certain data.
EU Visitors: You have certain rights and may make a request to exercise them. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to some processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party
- Withdraw your consent
- Object to being subject to automated decision-making
- Lodge a complaint. In such an instance, we request that you first contact us directly to resolve any issue.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. Please note that we may need to request information from you to confirm your identity to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to a person who does not have the right to receive it.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
The retention period for data we process can vary based on certain circumstances or obligations. For example, we retain personal data for as long as it is necessary to provide the products or services you have requested, or for other legal compliance or essential business purposes such enforcing our contracts, maintaining the security of our products or dispute resolution.
Children’s Online Privacy
Our website is a general audience site and is not intended for use by children under 18. If you become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal data, we ask that you notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should we become aware that a child under age 18 has provided personally identifiable information, we will take steps to immediately delete it.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
1330 North Dutton Avenue, Suite 100
Santa Rosa, California 95401
This document was last updated on May 11, 2020.