As our nation continues to take unprecedented actions to limit the spread of COVID-19, BCFoods and Culinary Farms know the need is now more than ever to continue to supply our customers with high quality industrial food ingredients.
The Department of Homeland Security and the Food and Drug Administration have recognized food manufacturers as “essential contributors to the food supply chain” and have therefore granted an exemption to continue to operate. Based on this exemption, BCFoods and Culinary Farms factories are open and operational.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have added new company-wide sanitation and safety measures, and are limiting person-to-person contact as much as possible while continuing to produce and ship the ingredients our customers need. In addition, we are diversifying our inbound shipments in case of any location-specific freight interruption.
With the situation rapidly evolving, we wanted to share with you both an update on our efforts to maintain the health and safety of our personnel, as well as what we are doing to mitigate potential supply shortages due to the coronavirus outbreak.
First with respect to our employees we have taken the following actions.
Health and Safety:
- Adjusted our employee call-in procedure and return-to-work policy
- Adjusted and increased our cleaning and sanitation procedures including nightly wipe downs of all common contact surfaces
- Eliminated all international travel, limited all non-essential domestic business travel for our employees, and set up protocols for employees traveling for personal reasons
- Begun practicing “social distancing” within our work environment
- Requested vendors to limit site visits to all of our facilities
- Shared the CDC’s recommended preventative measures with all employees and are continuing to share new information as it becomes available
- Offered an immune system booster free of charge to all of our employees
- Implemented a contingency team to continue to monitor the situation and make quick decisions as needed
Next, with respect to ensuring continuous supply, we are taking the following actions.
- BCFoods Corporate Quality has amended our factory GMPs to include specific health and safety measures directed at preventing any possible contamination of this virus in our facilities
- Conducting daily meetings to review updates from our global supply chain partners to monitor their ability to produce and ship product
- Diversifying our inbound shipments in case of any location-specific freight interruption
- Attempting to increase our stock on-hand volumes that we carry based on customer forecast
Our customers can feel confident that BCFoods and Culinary Farms will continue to provide them with the quality ingredients they need to keep up with demand. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your sales rep.